Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lavender Hot Chocolate


Ever since I tried the Hot White Chocolate with Lavender at Lulu Rae's Confections in Oakland, I've been hoping to get the chance to return and try it again. My friend Jayson and I drank it one cold night, near the holidays and it completely lit up my day. This recipe, from a la mode, consists of dark chocolate instead of white, but I hope it's as delicious! I can't wait to try it soon.

For a creamier hot chocolate, a 1 to 1 ratio of dark to milk chocolate can be used. Makes 2 servings.

Ingredients
2 cups whole milk
3 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
1 ounce milk chocolate
1/4 teaspoon lavender buds

Directions
Heat milk and lavender over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the milk begins to simmer. Remove from heat and let lavender steep for 5 minutes. Strain lavender and return milk to saucepan. Over medium heat, add chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted and incorporated. Whisk milk mixture for 10-20 seconds until frothy. Pour into mugs or bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment