Monday, March 29, 2010

The Knife of Never Letting Go


I just finished this book by Patrick Ness. Unfortunately, I can't write about this yet either, as I am supposed to be at work soon...

It is later and, since I can't entirely remember my first impressions of this book, I will post parts of the email I wrote to my boyfriend immediately after finishing the book:

I finished the book. I somehow ripped through 479 pages.

It was good, but it ended with a cliffhanger, curse it! It's a series, so I'll need the next book, but the book after that that won't be out until Sep 2010, so I'm reluctant to continue for now, like I'm reluctant to read the next book in the Hunger Games series. I want to draw them out. haha.

I enjoyed this book (The Knife of Never Letting Go - by Patrick Ness - it's part of the "Chaos Walking" series), but I have to say it didn't hit the exact same spot as Hunger Games. This book gives me some things to think about in terms of information overload, but certain parts of the books seemed to be slight cop outs to me - or... they weren't as complicated or profound as I was expecting. Maybe in the later books they will be elaborated upon.

I don't think either Hunger Games or this Chaos Walking series is good for kids like Harry Potter was... in HP there were times of safety and times of just... relaxation. In these books, it's nearly perpetual fear, paranoia or near-panic. Makes me a bit too adrenaline-y to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment