Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My bike!


I really love my bike. It's a 1972 (or was it 1973? I have to look again...) Schwinn Breeze that I bought from someone on Craigslist at the beginning of last summer. All of the parts are original and it still rides well, apart from some seat-squeaking and the general heaviness of this vintage bike. Since determining that I will be in Philadelphia in the fall (for my Masters in Architecture!), I have been scheming about ways to transport my bike there. As of now, it looks like I will need to take it apart, pack it in an appropriate-sized box and take it along as checked baggage on my Southwest flight. I just need to find an inexpensive box that won't collapse under all the weight...

In the meantime, some more info about biking in Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment