Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Shadow of the Wind


Summer time is finally here! That means I can begin to read again. The first was a book that I had tried to read while still in school, which was a massive failure, of course. "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon began relatively slowly for me - I wasn't quite hooked from the start. I must say I did enjoy it a lot, though, as once I finally started reading again about a day ago, I became pretty determined to finish it as soon as possible. It is definitely a novel. A lot of adventure, intrigue, romance. I can't say this book is life-changing for me, but I did really enjoy reading it. Though, I don't mean that it was an empty adventure - it's a complex novel and I didn't feel like I was reading anything empty. A good book to start off this summer! It's wonderful to sink back into imaginary worlds again. I feel like I was unable to do that for the majority of this semester, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment