Monday, July 5, 2010

House of Culture and Movement


The House of Culture and Movement is a project designed for a competition. It was designed by MVRDV and ADEPT as well as SLA landscape architects, Søren Jensen engineers, Imitio, Winnie Ricken, Max Fordham, and Ducks Scèno. I haven't really developed a definite opinion about the building, but I do like the way that they depict the program of the building and some of the images are beautiful. I also seem to be very attracted to bright colors.

Images from ArchiCentral.






If you were wondering why I tend to post buildings that are depicted beautifully quite often rather than examples of great buildings, it's largely because 1) My ability to beautifully represent my buildings through graphics really needs to be further developed, so I like to post inspiration for myself here. I'm getting better, but after seeing these images, I definitely can improve much more. and 2) There are few case studies of built buildings posted on the blogs that I frequent for quick inspiration that really demonstrate that the building was successful both functionally and aesthetically. And that is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment