Saturday, June 26, 2010

Catching Fire

This series is wonderful. I almost wish they were longer and more complicated, with more details about the world in which the book takes place. I know... it sounds like I'm wishing it was more like the Lord of the Rings, but details are important in developing the reality of the situation! Perhaps those will show up in the 3rd book. I love this series, though (obviously). It's definitely riveting, but doesn't sacrifice meaning for adventure. It brings up issues related to the media and the government and led me, at least, to question my experiences with such things, which is pretty successful, though not entirely mind-blowing. So, while it's the kind of book you just want to choke down, if you take the time to stop and contemplate things, it offers an adequate amount of food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment